I’m super excited about growth in audiobook sales in the coming year and today I discuss lots of interesting aspects with Jeffrey Kafer, award winning voice talent and narrator for one of my latest audiobooks, One Day in New York.
In the intro, I mention my tech and health gremlins, the KDP Select page count freak out, the Self-Publishing Summit and the webinar with Nick Stephenson on finding your first 10,000 readers. I also update on my writing: How to Make a Living with your Writing is out now in ebook formats, and Deviance is out on pre-order.
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Kobo’s financial support pays for the hosting and transcription, and if you enjoy the show, you can now support my time on Patreon. Thank you for your support!
Jeffrey Kafer is a professional audiobook narrator and an award-winning voice over artist. He recently narrated my first male character audiobook, One Day in New York, and he also runs the audiobook promotion site, AudiobookBlast.
- On changes in the audiobook market and why it’s a good time for authors to do audiobooks.
- The pros and cons of ACX and options available to US & UK authors who use the service, including royalty sharing with the narrator.
- On ways that authors can get the attention of good narrators.
- Whispersync explained and how it effects royalties for narrators.
- On audiobooks in languages other than English.
- On Jeff’s audiobook promotion site, called audiobookblast.com, how it works and how it differs from BookBub.
- The frustrating lack of granular categories on Audible and whether this could change.
- The importance of quality audio clips when marketing an audiobook, ways to get these and what to avoid.
- Working collaboratively with a narrator and the resulting new piece of art.
- The future of audio, including Google Auto, CarPlay and streaming services.