In this Facebook Live recording, I answer questions about writing, self-publishing, book marketing, author mindset, and more.
You can watch the video below or here on YouTube.
In this video, you can access the various questions with the timestamps below, or read the transcript below.
- 1:10 Should you reference the pandemic in your book?
- 3:07 Would you recommend a new author concentrate on one piece of work? Or, if you have multiple projects, would you run them in parallel?
- 5:28 What would be your number one tip for new authors starting a self-publishing career, or launching a new pen name in 2020?
- 8:08 As a new writer with only two flash fiction collections out, would you focus on building a mailing list or writing the next book?
- 9:45 I have five short stories of 10,000 words each. What is the easiest method for creating a box set?
- 12:54 Have you ever had anyone on your podcast from IngramSpark? It'd be great to learn some more on pricing and how to set prices, which I find slightly confusing.
- 15:04 Is it wise to write in more than one genre or sub-genre?
- 17:20 The best software for writing a textbook
- 18:53 Where Joanna wants to travel to first when pandemic restrictions are lifted
- 21:18 I’m thinking of self-publishing a children's picture book and chapter book. Would you upload to IngramSpark first or Amazon first?
- 22:58 How do you keep yourself motivated to work on a book when it's difficult, or you're finding it a slog?
- 25:57 Have you ever experimented with book clubs?
- 27:20 There are so many competing voices in the marketing space. Who do you listen to? [Join Mark Dawson and me for a free webinar on 6 Secrets to Amazon Ads Success – 11 June, 2020. Click here to sign up for your free place.]
- 31:21 I'm wrestling with Scrivener. Have you succeeded in dragging and dropping into the research folder?
- 32:19 Are you speaking at any more online conferences?
- 32:46 Using ProWritingAid for a first pass at a book’s edits
- 34:52 Keeping a series interesting
- 37:35 How to know when a book is finished
I'll be doing more of these live Q&A sessions, so join me on Facebook.com/thecreativepenn so you get notification of the next one. You can also sign up for my email list and I'll notify you of the next one, plus you get my free Author Blueprint.