Paid advertising may spike your book sales for the short term, but if you stop paying, you stop selling. With content marketing, you can create value for the long term, attract your target market and sell sustainably for years.
In the intro, I talk about the launch (or lack of!) for Map of Plagues, and why I need to release a Second Edition of Public Speaking for Authors, Creatives and Other Introverts, rather than just an update. The challenges of keeping your intellectual property updated!
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Pamela Wilson is an author, professional speaker, and consultant at Big Brand System where she helps businesses with content marketing and branding. Her latest book is Master Content Strategy: How to Maximize Your Reach and Boost Your Bottom Line Every Time You Hit Publish.
- Marketing that is based on delivering value
- Why it matters now to focus on the quality of content used to market our work
- Looking at content as a creative body of work
- What to use as content and what to use as products to sell
- Tips for creating content that stands out
- Advice about posting on sites like Medium or Facebook
- The importance of focusing on what you enjoy
You can find Pamela Wilson at BigBrandSystem.com and on Twitter @pamelaiwilson