Technology moves fast and the pandemic accelerated the changes to come. Writers and authors who embrace new tools and ways of working will be able to surf the accelerating wave of change ahead.
I've always been interested in the intersection between creativity and technology. When AlphaGo beat Lee Sodol at Go in March 2016, it galvanized my interest in artificial intelligence and since then, I have been following the niche avidly, reading books, reporting on changes in the futurist segment on my weekly podcast, and considering the possibilities — and challenges — ahead.
This page gathers my interviews and recommended resources on artificial intelligence and its impact on writers and publishing, as well as voice technologies, translation, and structural changes with blockchain and NFTs, with more to come. Click on each image to delve further into the topic.
Writing and Creativity — with AI augmentation
Web 3.0, Blockchain, NFTs, Metaverse, AR and VR
Artificial Intelligence for Voice Technologies and Translation
My Book on AI and the AI-Assisted Author Course
I have a book on AI and also a course if you want to learn more.
You can also subscribe to The Creative Penn Podcast where I share a regular futurist segment on AI updates that might impact authors and the publishing industry.
More Books and Resources
- AI 2041: Ten Visions For Our Future – Kai-Fu Lee and Chen Qiufan
- 12 Bytes: How We Got Here, Where We Might Go Next – Jeanette Winterson
- The Future is Faster Than You Think: How Converging Technologies are Transforming Business, Industries and Our Lives – Peter Diamandis and Steven Kotler
- AI Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order – Kai-Fu Lee
- The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces that Will Shape Our Future – Kevin Kelly
- The Creativity Code: How AI is Learning to Write, Paint and Think – Marcus du Sautoy
- The Artist in the Machine: The World of AI-Powered Creativity – Arthur I. Miller
- The Big Nine: How the Tech Titans and Their Thinking Machines Could Warp Humanity – Amy Webb
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow – Yuval Noah Harari
- Hello World: How to be Human in the Age of the Machine – Hannah Fry
- Singularity Hub blog
- WIRED magazine
- Exponential Wisdom Podcast with Peter Diamandis and Dan Sullivan