Authors have to do a lot of their own marketing.
That’s the reality of the publishing industry whether you get a publishing deal or you self-publish. But these days anyone can market globally using just a computer and their time.
It will take effort but it doesn’t have to cost you much—and you might even enjoy it!
Everything I know about book marketing is now available in the Amazon bestselling book ‘How To Market A Book Third Edition. Click here to read more or buy links.
Below are lots of free articles, audios and inspiration for marketing your books. Just click on the links to find out more, and at the bottom of the page you will find multimedia courses to take your learning even further.
(1) Start with the basics
(2) Optimize your book
Need help with keywords? Check out Publisher Rocket
Ned help with categories? Check out K-lytics genre reports
(3) Set up your website and email list
Sell More Books Webinar Replay: How to Build your Email List and Reach Readers
(4) Take it further with more marketing ideas
(5) Book marketing strategy, launching and relaunching
Interviews on book marketing
How to Market a Book Third Edition is out now in ebook, print and audiobook editions.
If you'd like some more help on your author journey, check out:
- My free Author 2.0 Blueprint ebook and video mini-series.
- My Books for Authors
- My Courses for Authors, including How to Write a Novel and How to Write Non-Fiction
- The Creative Penn Podcast, interviews, inspiration and information on writing, publishing, book marketing and creative entrepreneurship every Monday
- My videos at YouTube.com/thecreativepenn
- Join the Alliance of Independent Authors for education, advocacy, help and networking with other indie authors