How do you make creative work that lasts? In today's show, Ryan Holiday explains how to write a Perennial Seller. We talk about positioning, changes in marketing and the book industry, how to make your body of work last, as well as balancing ego with serving the reader.
In the introduction, I talk about my visit to San Francisco. Click here to see the pics on Flickr.
Plus Limited Time Deals: the Fear Bundle for Halloween, and the Trackerbox Kickstarter for Mac book sales tracking.
Today's show is sponsored by Draft2Digital, where you can get free ebook formatting, free distribution to multiple stores, and a host of other benefits. Get your free Author Marketing Guide at www.draft2digital.com/penn
Ryan Holiday is a best selling nonfiction author, media strategist, and book marketing expert who has worked with clients like Tim Ferriss, Tony Robbins, Google, and Penguin. His latest book is Perennial Seller: The Art of Making and Marketing Work that Lasts.
- What is a perennial seller?
- The ingredients that make a book relevant long-term
- Balancing the ego with serving the reader
- The importance of positioning a book correctly
- Changes in the book industry around marketing
- Ryan's thoughts on the future for authors
You can find Ryan Holiday at RyanHoliday.net and on Twitter @RyanHoliday