I do lots of interviews on other podcasts, but there are some interviewers I really connect with, and Caroline Donohue at The Secret Library Podcast is one of them, so we get really honest in this discussion about writing non-fiction from the heart.
Listen to the episode with the player below or click here to subscribe to The Secret Library Podcast on iTunes or Stitcher.
Here are the highlights and the full transcript below. You can read Caroline's notes on the podcast episode here.
- How to choose a non-fiction subject to write about
- Two different approaches to tackling writing a non-fiction book
- Exploring all parts of our personalities through writing
- Leaning into creative direction
- On turning a blog post into a full-length manuscript
- Digital age advantages of writing a series of shorter books rather than one tome
- Using book material in multiple ways
- Surveying your audience to see what questions they have that you could answer with a book