How do you build a creative business that you love — and makes you money? Pamela Wilson talks about her non-fiction business model, how to choose a niche, plus how to pivot your brand over time.
In the intro, I talk about my pilgrimage walk and how we all need to weigh up risks and reward, especially when the need to fill the creative well becomes overwhelming! You can find the pictures on Instagram @jfpennauthor. I also mention my Courses for Authors, and my latest episode on Books and Travel where I talk about fear and assessing risk, which is something we all have to do.
Pamela Wilson is the author of Master Content Marketing and Master Content Strategy and is an online educator and keynote speaker. Her company, Big Brand System, teaches people how to build online businesses they love, which is particularly important as many people are pivoting after the pandemic.
You can listen above or on your favorite podcast app or read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and the full transcript below.
- How images and words form the two halves of content marketing
- How books lead potential clients into other premium offerings like coaching and courses
- Tips on choosing a niche to work with and serve — that you enjoy and will also make you money
- Should you build a personal brand or a business brand?
- What happens when you want to change the audience you focus on?
- Tips on rebranding
- Listening to your gut when it comes to building a creative business