The publishing world continues to change, but there are some things you can do to position yourself for success in 2019.
This Advanced Self-Publishing Salon podcast with me and Orna Ross, founder of the Alliance of Independent Authors, goes into some of our personal updates before discussing the changes at Amazon in terms of discoverability, focusing on independence, becoming a better publisher, positioning yourself in the market, and the rise of audio.
You can listen to the podcast episode and more here on the ALLi podcast, or listen below.
In the episode, we discuss:
- An update on the Publishing 3.0 campaign
- Orna’s first experience with Virtual Reality
- News updates about Amazon also boughts and the change in their selling environment
- As a publisher, are you treating yourself as an author in the best way possible? Would you the author complain about you the publisher?
- Taking advantage of having books in hardback, large print and audio
- Why there are no expiry dates on changes we can make to our back lists
- Predictions for 2019 in publishing and excitement around the rise and rise of audio
You can find Orna Ross at www.OrnaRoss.com and on Twitter @ornaross. Check out the Alliance of Independent Authors website, the Self Publishing Advice blog and the Ask ALLi Podcast, which has episodes for beginner authors as well as more advanced shows.