Craft is the heart of the writing life, and in today's show, I discuss Plot Gardening with Chris Fox, as well as some thoughts on how to build a career for the long-term.
Plus, some of your thoughts on the changes at Amazon that I discussed last week.
Chris Fox is the bestselling author of science fiction and dark fantasy as well as nonfiction for authors including Write to Market, and Six-Figure Author. Today we're discussing his book on craft, Plot Gardening: A Simple Guide to Outlining your Novel.
- On the impetus to write a book about craft
- On the development of writing craft over time
- Using the gardening metaphor in relation to both storytelling and author backlists
- Tips for writing conflict that is rooted in story and interesting to readers
- On the different types of conflict that can add depth to a story
- Thinking like a reader when you’re plotting
- Balancing world-building with writing fast
- On the recent changes in Amazon discoverability
- Protecting our future as writers
You can find Chris Fox at ChrisFoxWrites.com and on Twitter @ScholarlyFox.