The path to successful self-publishing can come in many forms. Joseph Alexander went from teaching guitar in person to writing 40+ books on learning how to play the guitar, scaling his business and reaching a global market, primarily through print books. In today's show, he shares his secrets.
Lots of writing news! Now available for pre-order – The Healthy Writer: Reduce your Pain, Improve your Health, and Build a Writing Career for the Long Term now PLUS/ Map of Shadows, a Mapwalker dark fantasy thriller also out on pre-order, and my story The Dark Queen out in the Feel The Fear anthology.
Today’s show is sponsored by my non-fiction audiobooks, How to Market a Book Third Edition, Business for Authors, How to Make a Living with your Writing and The Successful Author Mindset, available now on Audible. If you need some more inspirational audio that will give you actionable tips to make more money with your books AND stay sane while doing it, check them out here!
Joseph Alexander is a musician and the author of over 40 books on playing the guitar.
- Feeling self-doubt and writing prescriptive books anyway
- Why Joseph chose to write books vs. doing video courses
- On print books and pricing
- Book marketing tips, including email list building fundamentals
- On co-writing, being a small publishing house, and a tight release schedule
- The tipping point to becoming a 7 figure author
You can find Joseph Alexander at Fundamental-Changes.com and on Twitter @guitar_joseph