In a time of global lockdown, more people are discovering audio content through podcasts and audiobooks. In this interview, I talk about the opportunities for authors, how to make the most of audio content whether you write fiction or non-fiction, and what might be coming next in terms of voice technologies. Thanks to Derek Doepker who interviewed me for his community.
You can watch the video below or here on YouTube. Show notes and transcript below the video.
- My backstory and how I got into writing [check out my timeline here]
- The benefits of audiobooks for authors – reach another audience, make more income
- What if you don't like the sound of your own voice? (and how to improve, even if you just want to do more interviews)
- Improve your writing craft by writing for audio and why audio can be part of your creative body of work
- Opportunities for fiction authors in the podcasting space. Ideas for ways to pitch when you don't have a clear niche.
- Is it worth starting your own podcast?
- Voice technologies and how they impact authors
Check out the book, Audio for Authors: Audiobooks, Podcasting, and Voice Technologies, and you can also check out Derek Doepker at www.DerekDoepker.com and www.BestsellerSecrets.com