How do people find your book when they search by asking devices with their voice, not by typing? By 2020, 50% of all searches across the internet will be voice-based, and 30% of all searches will be done without a screen. [QuoraCreative].
In the intro, I mention the Amazon SMB Impact Report and how much money is going to independent authors, as well as how much investment is going into Alexa. [Business Wire] Plus, all the ways you can Build Your Business on Amazon, which includes publishing on KDP.
Today's show is sponsored by my own courses for authors, including How to Write a Novel, How to Write Non-Fiction, Productivity for Authors, and Content Marketing for Fiction. If you want to take your learning to the next level, go to www.TheCreativePenn.com/learn to find out more.
Miral Sattar is the CEO of Bibliocrunch and the creator of Barely Bear, a smart speaker within a cuddly toy. With a background in software development and several years developing digital initiatives at Time Magazine, Miral is perfectly placed to talk about voice search for authors today.
Check out Miral's course on Voice Search here. You can get 50% off if you use promo code: THECREATIVEPENN at checkout.
- What voice search is and why it matters
- On the penetration of voice search in different markets
- The importance of a featured snippet for your website
- Optimizing search results for things other than your name
- Keyword tools to use to work with natural language search
- The increasing importance of publishing wide because of voice search
- On rewriting fairy tales for the modern age
- Barley Bear, a cuddly toy that will tell your child a story
You can find Miral Sattar at LearnSelfPublishingFast.com and on Twitter @miralsattar