Established wisdom says that success in a creative career is more likely if you choose your niche and focus entirely on one thing. But what if you are someone who likes to play in all kinds of creative arenas?
What if you are interested in writing in multiple genres?
In today's interview, I discuss diversity of creative business with Tim Chizmar, who manages to achieve a great deal in a number of areas. I loved this interview as I am also a multi-passionate creative with no desire to focus just on one thing!
In the intro, I mention my 2018-2019 book sales income breakdown with exciting developments in global sales, with books sold in 54 countries this year! You can see previous posts at www.TheCreativePenn.com/timeline.
Today's show is sponsored by my own audiobooks for authors, and if you want to supercharge your creative business, check out How to Make a Living with your Writing, Business for Authors, How to Market a Book, or The Successful Author Mindset. Click here for the links to your favorite audiobook stores.
Tim Chizmar is an award-winning horror author as well as a short story writer, screenwriter, producer, ghostwriter, and professional speaker. Previously he worked as an actor and comedian. He has an interview with Clive Barker in It's Alive: Bringing your Nightmares to Life.
- How being onstage as a stand-up comic affected Tim’s writing
- Taking chances to meet the right people
- On the parallels between comedy and horror
- Working with Hollywood while also keeping a safe distance
- Job satisfaction with having multiple projects on the go
- Why interacting with peers is important, even if it’s online
- Connecting on a personal level with our literary heroes
You can find Tim Chizmar at TimChizmar.com and on Twitter @TimChizmar