How do you deal with the roller-coaster of being a creative? In today's show, I talk to Amber Rae about self-doubt, worry, envy, ambition, comparisonitis and more.
In the intro, I talk about Ready Player One (the movie), and the Exponential Wisdom podcast with Peter Diamandis about speaking in VR on High Fidelity, created by Philip Rosedale of Second Life. As I am off to Florida to speak at Novelists Inc, I am definitely a fan of the future of VR speaking!
I also talk about my personal writing update, working on final edits for Valley of Dry Bones, now available for pre-order.
Today's episode is sponsored by my own list of recommended editors, ranging from story editors, content and structural editors, copy editors, line editors, proofreaders and more. I still work with editors after 28 books and I continue to learn how to improve my writing. If you need help improving your manuscript, then check out the list which also includes my tutorial on how to find and work with professional editors: www.TheCreativePenn.com/editors
Amber Rae is an author, artist and speaker. Her latest book is Choose Wonder Over Worry: Move Beyond Fear and Doubt to Unlock Your Full Potential.
- On publicly exploring the big questions about life
- Working with Seth Godin on the Domino Project
- Mining journals for memoir material
- Balancing ambition and creative dissatisfaction
- Why envy is a powerful tool for creatives
- Naming and having a conversation with our difficult emotions
- On useful worry and toxic worry
- Launching a book with 100 interviews and 30 events
- The book launch marketing strategies that Amber found useful. And the ones she didn’t
You can find Amber at AmberRae.com and on Twitter @heyamberrae