Forget print. Look at the rise and rise of mobile reading and writing, especially amongst Millennials. In today's show, Ashleigh Gardner talks about the latest developments from Wattpad.
In the intro, I talk about how Amazon KDP Select has moved to KENPC v.3 and some of what authors are saying about it, lessons we can learn from the Forbes richest author list, plus the expansion of Ingram's ipage which might help indies sell more print books.
Plus, please help with my next non-fiction book by completing The Healthy Writer questionnaire by 14 Aug and be in to win a copy of The Successful Author Mindset.
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo ecosystem. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Ashleigh Gardner is the head of partnerships at wattpad.com, the world's largest platform for discovering, reading and sharing stories.
- Catching up with what's changed with WattPad in the last few years
- Genres that do well on the platform
- More about the Tap app from WattPad
- On WattPad Studios and finding books to bring to TV and film
- On data, VR and AR and how WattPad sees themselves using these futuristic tools
You can find wattpad at www.wattpad.com and Ashleigh on Twitter @AshleighGardner.