Can you really make a living with your creativity and have a happy, healthy life?
In today's episode, Emily Thompson talks about how to be your own boss in a creative business, and how to set boundaries that enable you to live life to the full.
In the short introduction, I mention my experience at London Book Fair. I'll be doing a more detailed show on what I discovered next week.
Plus, the pre-order is up for How to Write Non-Fiction. You can pre-order the ebook now, and it will be available in ebook, print, workbook, and (hopefully) audiobook format by 31 May 2018.
Today's show is sponsored by Draft2Digital, where you can get free ebook formatting, free distribution to multiple stores, and a host of other benefits. Get your free Author Marketing Guide at www.draft2digital.com/penn
Emily M. Thompson is the Founder of Indie Shopography where she helps creatives run online businesses and co-host of Being Boss, a podcast for creative entrepreneurs, where she inspires, writes, and curates content to help creatives own their path and be more boss. With over 3 million listens, the impact of the podcast inspired Emily to co-write her first book with her business partner, Kathleen Shannon. Being Boss: Take Control of Your Work and Live Life on Your Own Terms, is out now.
- How Emily got into writing and why she and her partner, Kathleen, chose to use the word ‘Boss'
- What's needed to make it as a full-time successful entrepreneur
- Tips for collaborating and co-writing with a loved one or friend
- The importance of boundaries
- Why visual images are so important for branding and marketing
- Why Emily and Kathleen chose to go with a traditional publisher