How do you deal with fear and uncertainty during these difficult times? How can you craft a new creative routine when life is so disrupted? How can you make the most of an online business now and build for the future? I discuss all this and more with Mark McGuinness on today's show.
In the introduction, I talk about how my writing is going after Mark helped me with a breakthrough — it's time to create a new routine now this lockdown life is the new normal. Plus, the growing adoption of ebooks and digital audio in Europe and what that might mean for the future of publishing [The New Publishing Standard].
Today's podcast sponsor is Findaway Voices, which gives you access to the world's largest network of audiobook sellers and everything you need to create and sell professional audiobooks. Take back your freedom. Choose your price, choose how you sell, choose how you distribute audio. Check it out at FindawayVoices.com.
Mark McGuinness is an award-winning poet, a nonfiction author, a creative coach, podcaster, and international professional speaker. His books for authors include Resilience, Motivation for Creative People, and 21 Insights for the 21st-Century Creative. Mark spent many years as a practicing psychotherapist and now coaches creative professionals.
You can listen above or on your favorite podcast app or read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and full transcript below.
- How to acknowledge our fears and also deal with them in a healthy way
- The importance of spending time in practices that are restorative
- Dealing with uncertainty
- What to do if you’re struggling to be creative
- Making new creativity rituals to replace those that have been broken
- Thinking about what assets you have in place and what ones you can create
- What the future might look like for creatives
- How this current crisis might actually work to empower authors and other creatives
You can find Mark McGuinness at LateralAction.com and on Twitter @markmcguinness