We all have limited time, and part of being a successful author is knowing what to focus on. In today's show, I talk to Rachel Aaron about how to write more words faster, edit and publish carefully, and how to decide which marketing strategies will work for your books.
In the intro, I reflect on walking 50km last weekend, the launch of How to Market a Book Third Edition, and heading to New York this week for Thrillerfest.
You can also listen/watch an interview with me on the Science Fiction and Fantasy Marketing podcast talking about international sales and marketing, rights licensing, translation and more.
Today's show is sponsored by my own How to Write a Novel course, which I created while writing End of Days, so you get a behind the scenes look at how the book came together. One course member, Leigh Anderson said, “This course is exactly what I was looking for. I now feel well on my way to writing and completing my first draft. It has been a real breakthrough for me.” Check it out at www.TheCreativePenn.com/writenovel
Rachel Aaron is the fantasy author of The Heartstrikers, an Eli Monpress series, as well as writing science fiction under Rachel Bach. She's also the author of 2k to 10k: How to Write Faster, Better, and Write More of What You Love.
- Rachel's journey from traditionally published author to indie
- Why writing fast doesn't have to be a measure of quality
- Building up stamina to write for several hours at a time
- Why Rachel believes pre-writing is so important
- Writing tips on creating a story arc over a series of books and writing compelling characters
- What has worked for Rachel when marketing her fiction, and what hasn't worked
- Working with a spouse successfully
You can find Rachel Aaron at RachelAaron.net and on Twitter @Rachel_Aaron