How do you find the time to write when you have a busy family life? How do you stay creative while still managing to run a successful business? Andrea Pearson shares her productivity tips in today's show.
In the introduction, I share my Voice Double from Descript‘s beta. Let me know your thoughts in the comments! Plus, my NaNoSloMo progress and why I might just write another book instead. Google Earth storytelling tools [Google blog].
Plus, join me and Mark Dawson for tips on how to sell more books through Reader Funnels. Thurs 5 Dec at 3 pm US Eastern / 8 pm UK. Click here to register for your free place.
Today's show is sponsored by IngramSpark, who I use to print and distribute my print-on-demand books to 39,000 retailers including independent bookstores, schools and universities, libraries and more.
It's your content – do more with it through IngramSpark.com.
Andrea Pearson has published 60 books under 3 pen-names including four books on marketing for authors. She is the co-host of the Self-Publish Strong Podcast with her husband, Nolan, and also the co-host of the Six-Figure Author Podcast with Lindsay Buroker and Joe Lallo — and she has 3 young children who she home-schools.
You can listen above or on your favorite podcast app or read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and full transcript below.
- How Andrea juggles home-schooling children, writing, a new baby, and life
- The advantages of dictation when writing first drafts
- Outlining and using visual aids to help with dictation
- Practical tools for managing a family’s schedule
- What drew Andrea to podcasting and how she co-hosts three shows
- Working with family members, including spouses
- Going beyond books to licensing ideas
You can find Andrea Pearson at SelfPublishStrong.com and on Twitter @andreapearson2