In this solo episode, I discuss the impact of converging technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Natural Language Generation (NLG) tools like GPT-3, and more on writing, authors, and the publishing industry.
My last AI show was in July 2019, 9 Ways That Artificial Intelligence (AI) Will Disrupt Authors and Publishing in the Next 10 Years, and although I’ve shared futurist segments on the show since then, I’ve been working on this as an updated view, and a look forward to the rest of the 2020s.
In this solo show, I discuss:
- Why this era of technological change, accelerated by the pandemic, is so important
- What is GPT-3 and why is it such a big deal?
- AI as co-creator: Embrace curiosity and play with artistic collaboration
- Impact on the commercial business model for writers, authors, and publishing
- What about books?
- Will AI tools make authors obsolete?
- “Data is the new oil,” the wealth generator of the digital age — and publishers have a lot of it. The publishing industry owns and controls the largest dataset of all.
- Why I'm so excited about the next decade of abundance — if we embrace the changes and opportunities ahead!
Check out previous episodes and resources on AI at www.TheCreativePenn.com/future