We live in the most exciting time in history to be an author and creative entrepreneur. The opportunities are ever-expanding, but only if you embrace the changes rather than trying to cling to the old models.
I wrote after my Oregon trip about the stabilisation of the indie author business model in 2017, and the need to position for the next phase of growth. It’s unclear whether that next phase of growth will happen in 2018 or later on, but here are some macro trends that might impact authors in the coming year, and some suggestions for what you might do to position yourself.
This article will cover:
- Crunch time? Exclusivity vs. wide publishing, subscription programs and Amazon changes ahead
- Disruption in the social media space
- Rise of voice search, voice assistants and impact on audio
- Content creation beyond the book
- Expansion of Blockchain technologies and other cool technology