On 3 December 2008, I posted my first article on this site!
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Joanna Penn (yes, it's me on my own today!) is an award-nominated, New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of thrillers under J.F.Penn and also writes non-fiction for authors. She’s also a podcaster and an award-winning creative entrepreneur. Her site, TheCreativePenn.com has been voted in the Top 100 sites for writers by Writer's Digest.
- Backstory: How I started writing and publishing
- What are some of the big changes in publishing over the last 10 years?
- The stigma of self-publishing has (almost) gone away
- Why indie authors are part of the Maker movement
- Some of my biggest mistakes in publishing
- 6 lessons learned and questions for your author journey
- What about the next 10 years? What will I be doing in 2028?
If you want to join me on the journey ahead, sign up for the Author Blueprint so you're on my email list, and subscribe to the podcast for inspiration and education every Monday.