It’s fantastic to learn from authors who are ahead in the game and so I really enjoyed talking to Elle Casey. We both wax lyrical about dictation in writing first draft plus we discuss self-publishing in France and how treating your writing as a business is key to success.
In the intro, I mention my article on 7 Mistakes You’re Making With Your Author Blog And How To Fix Them; the World Reader report on ebook reading in Africa and Asia, Amazon’s new crackdown on typos in ebooks, and the MyKitaab podcast if you’re interested in self-publishing in India.
Plus, you can join Nick Stephenson and I for a FREE webinar on the 3 step system to automate your author marketing. Tues 9 Feb at 3pm US Eastern (8pm UK). Click here to register and yes, you can get the recording if you sign up.
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Elle Casey is the New York Times, USA Today, and Amazon bestselling author of over 30 novels across Romance, Urban Fantasy, Dystopian, Sci-Fi, & Action/Adventure. She left her job as a lawyer and teacher in 2013 to become a full-time writer and has put out a book on average every 6 weeks since.
- Elle’s writing background, her beginnings as an indie author and her relocation to France.
- France’s slow adaptation to eReaders and indie publishing.
- The different skills required when writing via dictation vs. typing.
- On writing as a business and switching genres from Fantasy and adventure to Romance, and writing in several genres under the same name.
- Kindle Unlimited and whether it helps new writers and those trying to make a living from their writing.
- Elle’s marketing / promotion schedule and strategy for her books and her areas of focus for 2016.