When an author and entrepreneur who has sold over 3 million books puts out a book on marketing, you know you have to learn more! Tucker Max on the show today.
In the intro, I talk about the introduction of pre-orders for indie authors on Amazon KDP, already available on iBooks and Kobo. I’ve used it immediately, so you can now pre-order my next book, ‘Business for Authors: How to be an Author-Entrepreneur,’ all the links here. I also thank my new backers of the show through Patreon and explain a bit more on how that works..
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Kobo’s financial support pays for the hosting and transcription, and you can now support my time on Patreon.
Tucker Max is a multiple New York Times bestselling author with over 3 million books sold. He’s also a serial entrepreneur, running a publishing company and a marketing business, as well as other ventures. His latest book is “The Bookstrapper Guide to Marketing Your Book, Creating a Bestseller by Yourself.”
- Tucker’s early experiences with rejection in the book industry and how he built a platform online, transitioning to being an entrepreneur and moving into the publishing business himself.
- Why professional publishing is so important
- Why some people still perceive a stigma of self-publishing, but readers don’t actually care
- On asking permission
- Tucker’s advice to writers starting out
- How much of the marketing advice out there is espoused by people who haven’t sold many books. Be careful who you listen to.
- The importance of deciding your definition of success
- Marketing suggestions for introverts
- What’s next for authors? Tucker talks about what he thinks is coming …
You can find Tucker at Bookstrapper.com and Lioncrest.com and on Twitter @tuckermax. You can find ‘The Bookstrapper Guide to Marketing Your Book, Creating a Bestseller by Yourself,’ here on Amazon.