Almost 7 years ago, in Dec 2008, I started this site with the aim of helping authors like me who were self-publishing.
But I discovered that you can put your words into the world and no one will notice unless you learn some marketing (sound familiar?!).
So I started learning about how to make my site stand out, how to blog successfully and how to podcast. I learned all that from Yaro Starak and today I’m thrilled to be interviewing him.
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Yaro Starak is a blogger, podcaster, speaker and entrepreneur at Entrepreneurs-Journey.com. I took Yaro’s Blog Mastermind course back in 2008 and it changed my life. You can get Yaro’s Blog Profits Blueprint here.
- Yaro’s start in the blogging world and the changes his site has gone through.
- On whether content blogging and writing online are still viable.
- How long it takes to make money blogging, and why it’s important to celebrate all our little wins, figure out what keeps you motivated and keep moving forward.
- Authenticity and its effect on an audience.
- Video and its advantages for those who are not writers.
- Why practice with new mediums and technology and not judging ourselves matters.
- On bloggers branching out into book publishing, including fiction.
- On the global and local communities in blogging and internet marketing.
- Yaro’s tips for maintaining a long entrepreneurial career.
You can get Yaro’s Blog Profits Blueprint here and find him on twitter @yarostarak