In the last month, I have spoken at Digital Commerce Summit in Denver, attended a week long professional author conference in Oregon, and spent 10 days doing book research in Israel.
I left in early October needing inspiration for the next 10 years of my author journey, and I’ve come back with huge goals and a new business plan.
In this podcast, I share my lessons learned and what I’m changing with The Creative Penn.
Plus, it includes an interview with J. Daniel Sawyer on how authors can use audiobooks for multiple streams of income that we recorded in Oregon, since what Dan has to say may change the way you do audio.
Today’s show is sponsored by all the listeners who support the show through Patreon. Thank you SO much for your ongoing support. It means so much to me that you enjoy the show enough to contribute! If you’d like to become a Patreon supporter, you can support the show for as little as $2 per month and receive the extra Q&A show monthly. Click here to find out more.
There’s no transcript of this as it’s more me discussing what’s going on with my business and I’m not ready to commit it all to writing as yet 🙂 But watch this space, it’s coming!
Here are some of the things I mention and links to where I have written more about it:
- It’s been 10 years since I started writing my first non-fiction book in 2006. I started this site in 2008, left my job in 2011, my husband left his job in 2015. I’ve now achieved a lot of my goals and I’ve been (a little bit) stagnant this year. I went away looking for the next step. It’s been a hell of a month, and I now have my next lot of 10 year goals. Big plans ahead, so stick around for the ride!
- Author Entrepreneur: Lessons learned from Digital Commerce Summit 2016, including ‘Is the juice worth the squeeze?’
- The difference between a 6-figure business and a 7-figure business – from Tara Gentile
- Taking the next step: Lessons learned from the Coast Workshop 2016, including the value of your copyright, and when the outsider becomes the mainstream
- Recommended book: Closing the Deal on your Terms. Agents, Contracts and other Considerations by Kristine Kathryn Rusch.
- Why I’ve moved from Scrivener to Vellum for formatting my books
- Vellum formatting software – awesome 🙂
- My new webinar series – join me for free author training!
- All my photos from Israel book research trip. Videos to come in the next few weeks.
- JDSawyer.net – Dan’s site including audiobooks. He is currently updating his book on audiobooks, Making Tracks, which he talked about on the podcast back in 2013
OK, usual service will resume on the next show! Thanks for listening 🙂