I have just sent my first novel Pentecost to my editor for editorial review. In this video, I explain why everyone should use a professional editor whether they are looking for an agent or book deal or whether they are self-publishing.
In this video I explain:
- How professional editors can improve your work. They can be objective about your manuscript and give you the best tips possible for your work. We all want to send our best work out there.
- They see so many manuscripts in specific genres so they will pick up things that amateurs won't pick up
- Why you need a pro editor even if you are looking for a publishing deal. You need to submit the best book you possibly can to an agent or publisher. If you're self-publishing you need it even more.
- An editor will do different things e.g. editorial review on plot, structure, ways to make it more publishable all the way to line editing/copyediting
- You can find editors online at Twitter or on blogs. You can also get recommendations from professionals. Make sure you ask questions and make sure you get someone with experience in your genre.