In the last ten years, we've seen incredible growth in digital book sales (ebook, print-on-demand, and streaming audio) throughout the developed English language markets of USA, UK, Canada, and Australia. But in the next 10 years, the huge growth markets will be those international markets that are just getting started.
As Jeff Bezos likes to say, it's still “Day 1” when it comes to the digital revolution – and indie authors can ride the wave with a focus on publishing to global, digital, and mobile-compatible platforms as I discuss today with Kinga Jentetics from PublishDrive. Exciting times indeed!
In the intro, I talk about KDP Print and Createspace merging – I moved my books over last month and it wasn't a big deal. Quite the relief to have one main service to use now, and I muse about how the mainstream use of Amazon ads for print books might claw a larger % of print sales for indie authors in the next year. Plus, the continued woes at Barnes and Noble [New Republic], and how to sell more books on Kobo Writing Life through access to the Kobo promotional tab, using pre-orders, global sales, NetGalley promotions, Overdrive, and Kobo Plus.
This podcast is sponsored by Kobo Writing Life, which helps authors self-publish and reach readers in global markets through the Kobo eco-system. You can also subscribe to the Kobo Writing Life podcast for interviews with successful indie authors.
Kinga Jentetics is the CEO and co-founder of PublishDrive, which is an eBook publishing platform. She was named as one of the Forbes' Top 30 Entrepreneurs Under 30 and one of the top 100 female founders. In 2017, Google invested in PublishDrive as part of its Launchpad Accelerator Program.
- The impetus behind PublishDrive and the importance of thinking globally
- Transparency in reporting
- Tips for selling on Google Play. [Note from Joanna: My books are now available on Google Play for non-fiction as Joanna Penn and fiction as J.F.Penn.]
- Make sure your book metadata is set up before you begin advertising
- Upcoming: audiobooks for Google Play via PublishDrive
- On the potential for English books in China via Dangdang
- The future of AI as it relates to translating books to other languages
- Publishing elements that indie authors need to focus on
- What differentiates PublishDrive from other distributors
You can find Kinga Jentetics at PublishDrive.com and on Twitter @publishdrive or @KingaJentetics