Are you ready to take your author career to the next level? In this wide-ranging interview, Mark Dawson gives tips on how to level up your books, your email list, and your advertising.
In the intro, good news on book sales from New Zealand post-lockdown [The Guardian], why Joe Rogan's podcast deal with Spotify is such a big deal [BBC], and my ad stacking approach for Map of Shadows.
Today's show is sponsored by Draft2Digital, where you can get free ebook formatting, free distribution to multiple stores, and a host of other benefits. Get your free Author Marketing Guide at www.draft2digital.com/penn
Mark Dawson is the award-winning internationally best-selling author of the John Milton Thriller Series, with over a million books sold, as well as many other books. He runs training courses for authors at Self Publishing Formula and he's also the co-host of The Self Publishing Show.
You can listen above or on your favorite podcast app or read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and full transcript below.
- Publishing strategies for new authors
- Why advertising is getting easier
- Mark’s writing process
- Switching genres and tips for launching in a new genre
- Why book covers must tell the reader what to expect inside the book
- The intricacies of autoresponder email sequences
- Tools to track marketing plans and projects
- Advertising tips for authors who publish wide
- How to calculate read-through wth a free first-in-series
You can find Mark Dawson at MarkJDawson.com and on Twitter @pbackwriter