Have you tried dictation and struggled too much with it? Do you want to use dictation more effectively for writing? In today's interview, Christopher Downing explains his foolproof dictation method.
In the introduction, I go through my annual round-up of book sales figures by vendor, format, country, genre, and author name. Plus, I share how I will do things differently going forward.
Christopher Downing is the author of Fool Proof Dictation and Fool Proof Outline, as well as writing under pen names in new adult romance, science fiction, romance, and military sci-fi. He's a full-time dad to three young children, and also does online coaching for authors wanting to dictate.
- Why warming up before dictating is so important
- The pendulum’s movement back from simply writing quickly to focusing on craft
- The approach of using cyclical writing blocks
- I use the Sony PX 333 digital recorder
- Common dictation issues and how to get past them
- Using Scrivener to outline and organize your writing
- Using several pen names and no social media