A month ago, on March 18, 2017, four authors met for the first time at Chicago Union station and boarded an Amtrak train for New Orleans. On the (bumpy, noisy, sleepless) journey south, we plotted a story, then wrote for a week in New Orleans while having some adventures in the area.
Today, the co-written book is out. American Demon Hunters: Sacrifice – available now! Here's how we did it.
In the intro, I talk about how my writing process has changed since New Orleans, how the sweet romance is going, and the amazing launch bonuses available if you buy Sacrifice between 17 – 25 April.
Today’s show is sponsored by all the listeners who support the show through Patreon. Thank you SO much for your ongoing support. It means so much to me that you enjoy the show enough to contribute! If you’d like to become a Patreon supporter, you can support the show for as little as $2 per month and receive the extra Q&A show monthly. Click here to find out more.
Lindsay Buroker is the bestselling fantasy author of the Emperor’s Edge, Rust and Relics and Dragon’s Blood series as well as other fantasy books. Zach Bohannon is a bestselling horror writer, with a successful post-apocalyptic series, Empty Bodies. J. Thorn is a bestselling horror writer and podcaster. J is also my co-author for Risen Gods.
You can see all our pictures from Chicago, the train and New Orleans here on Flickr.
- The challenges and benefits of a four-author collaboration, and what the authors might do differently next time
- Maintaining individual author voices inside a collaborative work
- Lindsay's tips for creating a financially successful indie author career
- Where the idea came from to do an author collaboration on a train
- J. Thorn's experience with collaboration
- What to look for in a collaboration partner
- How a book title with more than one author might affect an individual author's Amazon algorithms
- Thoughts on the next phase of the indie author movement
You can find the book at www.JFPenn.com/sacrifice