Is it possible to write together if you are partners in life as well as business? How can a community come together in the wake of difficulties? Plus, how podcasting can be an effective part of author marketing. All this and more in discussion with Jeff and Will from The Big Gay Fiction Podcast.
In the intro, Barnes and Noble are not paying full royalties for Feb (Draft2Digital), Amazon donates to UK booksellers [The Bookseller], E-book and audio sales proving ‘welcome ray of sunshine' for publishers [The Bookseller], digital library borrows for ebooks and audiobooks are up [BBC], The Society of Authors reports that “members have been “pressured to renegotiate contracts or told that royalty payments will be paid late following the crisis” [The Bookseller], and the collected difficulties of traditional publishing [Kris Rusch].
Useful tutorials: 16 Ways to Market your Audiobooks, and 7 Steps to Turn What you Know into an Online Training Course. Plus, get 50% off my ebooks and audiobooks at Payhip.com/thecreativepenn and use discount coupon: QUARANTINE at checkout.
Do you need help with marketing, publicity or advertising? Find a curated list of vetted professionals at the Reedsy marketplace, along with free training on writing, self-publishing and book marketing. Check it out at: www.TheCreativePenn.com/reedsy
Jeff Adams and Will Knauss write gay romance and YA fiction. They have two podcasts, the Big Gay Fiction Podcast and the Big Gay Author Podcast. They are partners in life as well as business. [This is us hanging out in Orlando at Podcast Movement 2019!]
You can listen above or on your favorite podcast app or read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and the full transcript below.
- Rewriting books after getting the rights back from a trad publishing house
- Taking a step back when the waters get choppy and looking at the bigger picture. Will's solo show on dealing with burnout and moving on with optimism.
- What’s working now when marketing romance novels
- Challenges encountered when co-writing a book
- Collaborating on a romance series – check out Jeff's books here.
- Recommended podcasts for writers
- Benefits of podcasting for authors
- The influence of audio on book sales