Co-writing can be an amazing experience when two minds come together to create something new in the world. Or it can be a painful process that ends in disaster!
In this short book, bestselling authors J. Thorn and Joanna Penn share tips on how to successfully co-write a book and avoid the pitfalls along the way. It includes excerpts from their private co-writing diary, honest notes written every day on a fiction project that will help you on your own journey.
In this book, you will discover:
- What is co-writing?
- Benefits of co-writing
- The difficulties of co-writing
- Finding the right person to co-write with
- Before you start: written legal agreement
- Practicalities and process of co-writing and co-creation
- Excerpts from Risen Gods co-writing diary
- What happens if it goes wrong?
- Other types of collaboration and co-creation
- Tips for multi-author boxsets
- Tips for managing a multi-author collaboration
- Appendix 1: Example agreement
If you want to improve your writing skills and your productivity, co-writing might be the right thing for you.
Purchase now in ebook or print format
Available on your favorite online store, or order through your local library or bookstore
“This book is a fairly quick read, but it covers the full spectrum of issues authors might expect to encounter – sort of a nuts-and-bolts of co-writing. I really appreciated this candid, behind-the-scenes look at their co-writing venture. For me, just the overview of the different approaches to co-writing (in the Practicalities and Process chapter) plus the example agreement (included as an appendix) are worth the price of the book. I wasn’t expecting to see information on creating box sets, but since this is also something I’m interested in, it felt like a bonus!” – Valerie
“Good tips, very easy to read and short enough to read in one sitting.” – Clare