How To Blog For Authors And Writers
Simon & Schuster, one of the top publishers, now recommend that authors should have a blog.
The reasons include:
- It develops a ready-made market for your books
- It tells the publisher you are serious about promoting and selling your book
- It provides another sales outlet for your books
- It enables you to connect with and develop relationships with readers and fans
As much as we sometimes wish it wasn’t so, book publishing is a business and in these times of decreasing margins, your publisher wants as many marketing guns firing as possible!
If you are a self-published author, you definitely need one in order to sell your books. If you haven’t started writing yet, or have a work in progress, you need to start building your author platform now so you have customers ready in the future.
Blogging is also relevant for fiction and non-fiction authors of all genres and niches. Top author blogs include diverse individuals such as multi-award winning fantasy author Neil Gaiman, spiritual Paulo Coelho, and business author Tim Ferriss. These authors have sold millions of copies, so if they still blog in order to sell books, then we should definitely be!
If you’re after a ready-made ‘how-to guide’, Author 2.0 is your answer! It gives you all all the help you need from someone who’s right in the thick of it (me!) There are plenty of pitfalls for the unwary and I’ve made a ton of mistakes – so I can show you what not to do as well as what to do.
Last year, I released the Author 2.0 Blueprint and a full 12 module online course that teaches writers/authors how to use web 2.0 tools to write, publish, sell and promote their books. A few months ago, I asked what would be most useful for authors/writers and 74% responded that they want to know how to create and maintain a fantastic blog.
So now “How to Blog for Authors/Writers” is available as a stand-alone product. I have rewritten the material, rerecorded the videos and added a load of new material to it, as well as adding the bonuses below.
It’s an inexpensive way to get hundreds of hours of my experience – the challenges, the solutions, the short-cuts and the ideas that work. Don‘t make the same mistakes I did! I can show you how to get a blog going in no time at all that will give you the ability to really hone those writing skills and start developing a market for your books.
- Confused by the technology?
- Unsure of how to start a blog at all?
- Unsure of what to write about?
- Ready to take your basic blog and make it stand out from the crowded marketplace?
As a writer you have a head start on almost every other blogger out there! You already have the skills you need to entertain your readers, now here are the technical skills for blogging, including design tips and content marketing information to make a difference to your book marketing efforts.
- 56 page full colour ebook on Blogging for Authors and Writers, including step by step instructions on how to blog, what to blog on, key aspects of a blog, how to measure statistics and much more…
- Exclusive audio interview with 6 figure blogger, Yaro Starak from Entrepreneurs Journey (37 mins) + transcript of the interview with links and extra information. Yaro has been blogging for many years and makes a fulltime income from his blog. In the audio and transcript, he outlines tips for blogging and also how to make money from your blog, and why writers have a real advantage as bloggers.
- Exclusive audio: Blogging for Authors with Joanna Penn. (1 hr 8 mins) on the material covered in the ebook.
- Video: Author Branding (28 mins) How to decide on and create your author brand.
- Video: Behind the scenes of a blog (34 mins) including the key aspects of a blog. These videos are done by recording my desktop, so you see the actual software as well as hearing me talk about the topic.
- Video: How to use RSS (7 mins) and set up a feed for your blog
- BONUS: Teleseminar Q&A audio recording and transcript containing questions from other authors and writers who have the same issues you do.
You will learn the following from the Blogging For Authors/Writers course:
- How to decide on your author brand which will shape your blog look & feel as well as content, and will influence how your online brand is perceived
- Why authors need to blog anyway, and how blogging can tangibly affect book sales and marketing reach (i.e. your author platform)
- Key aspects of a blog and how to use them e.g. themes/design, pages, posts, RSS feed, widgets, categories & tags, plugins
- How to plan your blog, design it and if necessary, redesign it after you have been blogging for a while
- Deciding on a blog platform and building your own blog – using free platforms and also as a self-hosted blog
- Blog content: what should you blog about and top tips on how to blog, as well as how to monitor your blog statistics in order to check on growth
- How to promote your blog and get traffic to it
- Author blog case studies: breaking down the blogs of popular authors and what you can learn from them
Why would you listen to me anyway?
I have been learning from the best and putting what I have learnt into action in the last 15 months I have been blogging. This has resulted in:
- Being in the Top 5 Writing Blogs in Australia
- Named as one of Top 30 bloggers to watch in 2010 on Problogger
- Voted as one of Top 25 Writing blogs on Editor Unleashed
- Included on Alltop as a top Books blog
- 73,393 unique visitors since starting the blog in Dec 2008, which grow weekly.
- I attribute all my income as an author/speaker to this blog. It includes book sales (ebooks and print), Author 2.0 course sales, and speaking events I have done based on my online profile.
- You can read testimonials about my courses, speaking and more here => Testimonials page .
The course material also includes the exclusive interview with Yaro Starak, a 6 figure blogger so you get a real pro giving you advice too.
Can you do it too? Yes you can! Blogging for Authors and Writers is ideal for:
- Authors who are writing books or have books they want to develop a market for
- Anyone wanting to show a publisher they are serious about marketing
- Self published authors who want a sales platform for their books
- Writers who want to develop an online business that includes books, services and other online products using blogging as a base
- Authors who want to blog their book and build an online audience
Once you click the Add to Cart button, you will be directed to payment through Paypal which is a trusted, secure internet sales provider. After payment, you will immediately receive a Welcome Pack that includes the logon details for the online materials so you can get started straight away.
Please also email me with any questions or problems: joanna@TheCreativePenn.com
Image based on Flickr Creative Commons: J Bischoff Colours of my heart