I really enjoy speaking about the topics I am passionate about: writing, book marketing, author platform, web 2.0 tools and more! Here is a short video of a talk I did for the Gold Coast Writer’s Association in February. It was a 45 min talk and this is only 3:46 mins.
See below for the video for text information if you don’t want to watch.
In this video, you will learn:
- That you need to decide on your author brand before launching into online marketing like blogs, social networking and more
- Horror vs Romance writers – you should have a different ‘brand’ on your website or blog as this helps people understand how they fit into your niche. Horror readers will click away from a site with fluffy bunnies on.
- What are you aiming to portray with your online presence?
- Decide on your brand and then put it out there, honestly and authentically
- If you want to write across genre, aim for an author personality blog
- If you don’t know how to build your brand, look at authors you like and model them
- Example for horror: Scott Sigler for horror – podcast novelist, now NY Times bestselling author
- Recommended for children’s book writers, check out Twittermoms
If you like videos, check out The Creative Penn YouTube Channel.
Thanks to @jeanniemay for booking me as a speaker and your support. I am available for speaking live or as a guest on radio, podcasts, TV and more.