This is a fun and interesting podcast to listen to with some real gems for authors!
Tony Eldridge is the author of action-adventure novel “The Samson Effect”, endorsed by Clive Cussler and optioned for a movie deal. He also runs the Marketing Tips for Authors blog which is packed with great information on book marketing, including weekly video tips.
In this podcast, you will learn:
- How Tony wrote “The Lottery Ticket” after reading books on writing. Writing the novel taught him how to write.
- How his role as a Sales and Marketing director for a video training company helped in marketing his books and his blog
- It took a year to write the first book, but the lessons learned were so valuable in writing the next one. Sometimes you just have to move on.
- How ideas flow after you start writing, and how that first book is unlikely to be the last – so just get going!
- On Starbucks as a venue for writing
- The action-adventure authors that have inspired Tony – James Rollins, Clive Cussler (plus Indiana Jones movies). The book is also Dan Brown-esque in it's religious artefact theme.
- The story of how Tony got a book blurb quote from Clive Cussler – and how you can get A list author quotes too by learning from his example
- On self-publishing his book through iUniverse and how sales were effected by the Clive Cussler quote
- On writing the sequel to “The Samson Effect” at the request of the Hollywood producer who has optioned the book
- The crazy coincidence that led to the interest of this Hollywood producer, and how movie options work
- On Marketing Tips for Authors, and Tony's 3 top tips for authors: Relationship building, platform building and finding the right tools to allow you to be everywhere on the internet
- Using video tips to drive traffic and list-building as a marketing tool
- On the possibility of podcasting the novel
You can buy the book on Amazon here => The Samson Effect