Online training courses have been growing in popularity for years, but they have really taken off since the coronavirus pandemic sent the world into lockdown.
Many authors teach as part of their business models, and I've been creating and selling my own online courses for the last decade, as well as being an affiliate for others. In this article, I explain why you should create an online course and the basic steps to creating one. You can find more detail in my course: Turn What You Know Into An Online Course.
Why create an online course?
- You already teach in-person events and want to take them online
- You want to share your knowledge with students around the world and help others with your expertise
- You want to increase your revenue with a scalable product (i.e. you create it once and sell it over and over again)
- You want to turn your book into a higher value product as people will pay more for multimedia material
- You'd like to develop skills that can bring you income from sales but also help you with book marketing (e.g. video and audio production)
If you'd like to create your own profitable online course, here's an overview of the process.