Building your author email list is one of the fundamentals of book marketing, but how can you grow it more effectively to sell more books? Tammi Labrecque explains in today's interview.
I've been listening to a fantastic audiobook this week, very useful if you want to get into audiobook narration. Check out Storyteller: How to be an Audiobook Narrator with Lorelei King and Ali Muirden
Today's show is sponsored by Reedsy, the curated marketplace for editors, cover designers, marketing professionals, design, websites and ghostwriting. Reedsy also has a free online book formatter, lists of book review bloggers and book promotion sites, and free training with everything from writing in specific genres, to publishing tips, Facebook & Amazon Ads, and much more. Check them out at www.TheCreativePenn.com/reedsy.
Tammi Labreque is an author, editor, and publisher. She writes fiction under a number of different pen names. And today, we're talking about her brilliant and super useful book, Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert.
- How can authors make emailing their readers fun?
- Why segregating lists matters
- Dealing with issues of privacy and what to share with your subscribers
- What is the best reader magnet?
- The elements to use when welcoming someone to your newsletter list (i.e., your onboarding sequence)
- Tips for newsletter frequency and content
- Thoughts on list size
- When to clean your list
You can find Tammi Labreque at NewsletterNinja.net and on Twitter @tammi_ninja