How can you write what you love and still aim for bestseller status? How can you combine craft and business in your writing life? Suzy K Quinn answers these questions and more in this fascinating interview.
In the intro, entrepreneur and author Derek Sivers sells $250K worth of ebooks and audiobooks direct from his website [Sivers]; Amazon Decoded by David Gaughran; 150 Self-Publishing Questions Answered by Michael La Ronn and ALLi; The Ultimate Collection of Audiobook Marketing Examples from BookBub Blog; 6 Figure Author Podcast episode 50 on taking your author income to the next level. Plus, ARKANE Thriller #11, Tree of Life, is now available for pre-order.
Today's show is sponsored by Draft2Digital, where you can get free ebook formatting, free distribution to multiple stores, and a host of other benefits. Get your free Author Marketing Guide at www.draft2digital.com/penn
You can listen above or on your favorite podcast app or read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and the full transcript below.
- The definition of a bestselling book
- Does writing a bestseller mean you have to write to market?
- Hooking readers with a strong book package
- The importance of communicating how people are going to feel when they read a book
- The long term view of building an author brand
- What the future of publishing might look like
[Note, I am not an affiliate for this course. I took it myself and thought it was super useful, so I wanted to tell you about it!]