OLD POST ALERT! This is an older post and although you might find some useful tips, any technical or publishing information is likely to be out of date. Please click on Start Here on the menu bar above to find links to my most useful articles, videos and podcast. Thanks and happy writing! – Joanna Penn
I recently did an interview with Srinivas Rao from BlogCastFM, a podcast for bloggers packed full of interesting audio interviews with bloggers in different niches.
Click right for the interview => Interview with Joanna Penn on Blogging
In the interview we covered:
- How Self Publishing my first book lead to the start of The Creative Penn, as I learnt so much along the way
- Why my first 2 blogs failed and how I turned things around by the third blog
- The Importance of finding a Teacher/Mentor to Grow Your Blog (for me it was Yaro Starak)
- The Tremendous Importance of Personal Branding
- Why You Shouldn’t Pick a Niche Just to Make Money
- How I Leverage Blogging to Help Aspiring Authors and Writers
- One Key to Writing Great Content
- The Power of Combining Multiple Forms of Content (Written, Audio, Video)
- Why You Need to Get Links for Relevant Blogs Rather Than those with Massive Followings
- The Importance of Targeting The Right Followers on Twitter
- How to figure out What Products To Launch
If you're interested, please go over to BlogCastFm and check out the interview here.