OLD POST ALERT! This is an older post and although you might find some useful tips, any technical or publishing information is likely to be out of date. Please click on Start Here on the menu bar above to find links to my most useful articles, videos and podcast. Thanks and happy writing! – Joanna Penn
Interviews, Inspiration and Information on writing, publishing options, internet sales and promotion – for your book.
After being rejected by every publisher in Australia, they self published, found a distributor and marketed the book to commercial success, currently selling over 1.4 million copies.
They now have a TV show on the Lifestyle Channel and are selling the book to overseas publishers. They continue to self-publish even after being approached by publishers, and continue to focus on quality marketing.
- Why the book was written in the first place
- Why they self-published and why they continue to self-publish their other books, even after being chased by so many publishers
- Tips for new authors on how they can promote their books
- Tips for coping with rejection and fear when pitching for promotion
- Why goal setting is so important for authors
- Is Rachael an author or a business woman first