OLD POST ALERT! This is an older post and although you might find some useful tips, any technical or publishing information is likely to be out of date. Please click on Start Here on the menu bar above to find links to my most useful articles, videos and podcast. Thanks and happy writing! – Joanna Penn
Exciting times in the world of new publishing! Here's a round up of interesting articles.
- Dan Poynter, the guru of self-publishing has published his new book, “Self Publishing Manual Volume 2” on Smashwords. This is so new it won't be in print for another few weeks. In this interview, he comments on ebooks and the future of publishing. You can also buy his book on Smashwords, and here's how to get your own book on there.
- Fantastic article on the future of ebooks by Ars Technica – A veteran of a former turning of the e-book wheel looks at the past, present, and future of reading books on things that are not books. You need to read this if you have any doubts about ebooks taking off in 2009.
- Publetariat has launched in beta mode – which means you can get in now while this site is starting out. It is a new site for indie authors and publishers to network, contribute and make the most of publishing 2.0.
- Ebook readers are the “green” choice of a new generation of readers: Uk Guardian on iLiad
- Make your own images for websites, blogs and ebooks with free Gimpshop – very useful blog this for new stuff as well. I always have to bug my husband for image manipulation but will now try this!
- TIME Magazine article on podcasting your novel – authors need to have their message out in all media these days!
- Blurb.com is profitable (unlike many traditional publishers!) – write and print your own photobooks (and more) – everyone can create and sell now. My brother uses this site for his own photobooks, so I can recommend!
Thank you for visiting The Creative Penn! For more top posts, try the Articles page.
Like this article? Subscribe to my RSS feed by email or in a RSS reader.
Tweet this using the button below “Twitthis” – Follow me on Twitter.