OLD POST ALERT! This is an older post and although you might find some useful tips, any technical or publishing information is likely to be out of date. Please click on Start Here on the menu bar above to find links to my most useful articles, videos and podcast. Thanks and happy writing! – Joanna Penn
Thanks to Bookfutures for finding this information on the Australian Council for the Arts “Writer's guide to making a digital living“. This is linked to the whole concept of Publishing 2.0 which is all about using new technologies and ways of expression for your writing.
- Exploding media myths – new media is not killing creative expression, in fact, it is encouraging it
- How you can use your writing skills in the digital media world
- Developments in the internet and its impact on writing including publishers, YouTube and how to make the internet your own (utilising the Long Tail)
- The games industry, mobile phones and print-on-demand including links to professional development
- An interview with Random House interactive – utilising ebooks, online book trailers, and online marketing
- New writing – expressive forms such as blog fiction, code poetry, interactive comics, game writers,
- How to get involved with all this – links to organisations online, recommended books, podcasts, online documents, awards, conferences, seminars, mentors, courses, jobs
- Profiles of new media writers and how they are using these skills to make money in a digital industry
- Copyright in the new digital industry
- DIY planning, case studies, marketing and distribution.
An absolutely recommended document for anyone interested in new media and writing into the future. It is valid for all writers, not just Australians – although there are some Australian specific links.