Simon & Schuster, one of the top publishers, now recommend that authors should have a blog. If you are a self-published author, you definitely need one in order to sell your books. If you haven’t started writing yet, or have a work in progress, you need to start building your author platform now so you have customers ready in the future.
Last year, I released the Author 2.0 Blueprint and a full 12 module online course that teaches writers/authors how to use web 2.0 tools to write, publish, sell and promote their books. A few months ago, I asked what would be most useful for authors/writers and 74% responded that they want to know how to create and maintain a fantastic blog.
So, in the next month, the blogging module, “How to Blog for Authors/Writers” will be available as a stand-alone product. I have rewritten the material, rerecorded the videos and added a load of new material to it, as well as adding the bonuses below.
The full online course is US$297, but you will be able to get an expanded, comprehensive blogging module for just US$39.99.
- 55 page ebook on Blogging for Authors and Writers, including step by step instructions on how to blog, what to blog on, key aspects of a blog, how to measure statistics and much more…
- Exclusive audio interview with 6 figure blogger, Yaro Starak from Entrepreneurs Journey (50 mins) + transcript of the interview with links and extra information. Yaro has been blogging for many years and makes a fulltime income from his blog. In the audio and transcript, he outlines tips for blogging and also how to make money from your blog, and why writers have a real advantage as bloggers.
- Exclusive audio: 45 mins+ on Author Branding, and tips on blogging. This is one of my keynote speaking topics and is only available as a paid product.
- Videos you can watch online/download: How to create your author brand, How to create your own blog and behind the scenes of a blog, How to use RSS, Author blogs reviewed and lessons learned. These videos are done by recording my desktop, so you see the actual software as well as hearing me talk about the topic.
- BONUS: Teleseminar 1 month after launch for any questions you have on blogging (or access to the recording if you can’t make the live call)
- PLUS: If you sign up for the pre-launch specials and order within the first 24 hours, you get a personal blog review by email from me (which will be done on a first come, first serve basis. The offer will also be open for 3 months in case you need to build a blog first!). You will also get a bonus audio.
**If you are interested, please sign up on the form at the bottom of this post. You will be added to the list and told in advance when the product is ready in the next few weeks. The bonuses will only be available to those people who sign up on the advance list**
You will learn the following from the Blogging For Authors/Writers course:
- How to decide on your author brand which will shape your blog look & feel as well as content, and will influence how your online brand is perceived
- Why authors need to blog anyway, and how blogging can tangibly affect book sales and marketing reach (i.e. your author platform)
- Key aspects of a blog and how to use them e.g. themes/design, pages, posts, RSS feed, widgets, categories & tags, plugins
- How to plan your blog, design it and if necessary, redesign it after you have been blogging for a while
- Deciding on a blog platform and building your own blog – using free platforms and also as a self-hosted blog
- Blog content: what should you blog about and top tips on how to blog, as well as how to monitor your blog statistics in order to check on growth
- How to promote your blog and get traffic to it
- Author blog case studies: breaking down the blogs of popular authors and what you can learn from them
Why would you listen to me anyway?
I have been learning from the best and putting what I have learned into action in the last 15 months I have been blogging. This has resulted in:
- Being in the Top 5 Writing Blogs in Australia
- Named as one of Top 30 bloggers to watch in 2010 on Problogger
- Voted as one of Top 25 Writing blogs on Editor Unleashed
- Included on Alltop as a top Books blog
- 73,393 unique visitors since starting the blog in Dec 2008, which grow weekly.
- I attribute all my income as an author/speaker to this blog. It includes book sales (ebooks and print), Author 2.0 course sales, and speaking events I have done based on my online profile.
- You can read testimonials about my courses, speaking and more here => Testimonials page .
The course material also includes the exclusive interview with Yaro Starak, a 6 figure blogger so you get a real pro giving you advice too.
**If you are interested, please sign up on the form below to be notified of the prelaunch special availability**The form doesn’t seem to be showing up in some browsers. If you can’t see the form, please just add your name to the comments and I will email you details.
Image based on Flickr Creative Commons: J Bischoff Colours of my heart