Print-on-Demand is a fantastic development in the publishing industry because it allows authors to publish with a lower cost of entry, more control and often, more profit than traditional printing/self-publishing. Latest statistics from Bowker show Print-on-demand titles actually exceeding traditionally printed books in 2008. Wow!
In this podcast you will learn:
- What is print-on-demand and why is it such a great development for self-publishers?
- The reasons you should use Print-on-Demand
- What are the different companies involved and which ones are recommended
- How much Print on Demand will cost you (is it really free?)
- How authors can design their book for the online marketplace
- 3 top tips for online marketing
- Some of the tools you can use on Amazon.com to promote your book
- How to find sites for book reviews
- Why you should send reviewers ebook versions of your book
- Why podcast interviews are great vehicles to promote your book
- Two recommended sites for social networking – Shelfari and LibraryThing
- How Heather got Dan Poynter to write the foreword to her book
- Last recommendations for authors considering print-on-demand – you can hold your book in your hand!
You can find Heather at The Original Copy Shop where her book is available as an ebook.
Thank you for visiting The Creative Penn! For more top posts, try the Articles page. For free audios, check out the Podcast page.
Like this article? Subscribe to my RSS feed by email or in a RSS reader.