Author 2.0 is launching on 1 June 2009! It is a membership site program that will teach you how to use Web 2.0 tools to write, publish, sell and promote your books. It contains over 9 hours of audio with experts on topics such as blogging, making money as an author, podcasting, social networking, ebooks, self-publishing and much more! In this podcast, I include short excerpts from 6 of those interviews so you get a taster of what is covered. More about Author 2.0 here.
In this podcast you will hear:
- Book marketing expert John Kremer, author of “1001 ways to market your books” on why authors need to build their own platform because publishers won’t do it for you, as well as some quick tips on Twitter for networking. John’s full interview is featured in Module 5: Author Entrepreneur where we go into the detail of making money on the internet as an author.
- Author marketing expert Penny Sansevieri, author of “Red Hot Internet Publicity” on why authors have to be more than writers these days. Her full interview is featured in Module 4: Websites where we teach you how to set up your own for free or cheap, as well as what goes onto an author website.
- Professional blogger Yaro Starak from Entrepreneurs-Journey on how a blog can help you make money with your book. Yaro’s jam packed interview is in Module 6: Blogging, where we go into the detail of setting up a blog and take you behind the scenes of successful blogs.
- Smashwords.com CEO Mark Coker defines ebooks and also tells us why ebooks are taking off in 2009. His full interview is featured in Module 3: Ebooks which teaches you how to publish ebooks and get them on the iPhone and the Kindle.
- Professional podcaster and author of “Podcast Solutions” Dan Klass outlines what you can actually podcast on as an author and how some authors have achieved traditional publishing success through their podcasting platforms. In Module 9: Podcasting, we teach you how to set up your own podcast to reach a wider audience.
- CEO of EzineArticles.com Chris Knight outlines what Ezine Articles is and how you can use it to get traffic to your site as well as how to find your niche as an author. The full interview is featured in Module 12: Traffic Tactics which includes many different ways of driving traffic including article marketing, Search Engine Optimisation, Facebook advertising, virtual book tours and much more!
Author 2.0 is a membership site modular course, which means you get continued access as updates are made and new information is added. It includes over 9 hours of audio from experts, over 5 hours of video teaching you how to do the module activities practically, and over 400 A4 pages of information to work through. It is jam-packed with quality material! (and it has a money-back guarantee!). You can register for pre-launch specials and find out more information here.
Here is an outline of the modules so you can see how they fit together (Thanks for your help @namenick !).
Thank you for visiting The Creative Penn! For more top posts, try the Articles page.
Like this article? Subscribe to my RSS feed by email or in a RSS reader.