If you're just getting started in self-publishing, there are some things that you need to know upfront in order to save yourself time, money and heartache along the way.
In this interview, I discuss the basics with Mark Dawson from Self-Publishing Formula.
In the intro, I discuss the first album produced entirely by AI as reported by Digital Trends. The article goes into how the artist, Taryn Southern, uses AI as a creative tool and also starts to question whether AIs can be trained with copyrighted material. The beginning of a new form of copyright discussion, for sure.
I talk about why it's so important to capture ideas in the moment, because time moves on and things change, based on the map shop around the corner from me closing recently. Walking past that shop almost every day inspired Map of Shadows, so it's sad to see it go. [You can see a picture of it here Instagram.com/jfpennauthor]
Today's show is sponsored by IngramSpark, who I use to print and distribute my print-on-demand books to 39,000 retailers including independent bookstores, schools and universities, libraries and more. It's your content – do more with it through IngramSpark.com.
Mark Dawson is an international bestselling thriller author. He's sold over a million books and makes a seven-figure income from his writing. He also teaches authors how to self-publish and market successfully through his summit and podcast at selfpublishingformula.com.
- Fundamental author business practices to have in place
- Tips on the importance of book cover design. [Click here for a list of book cover designers if you need one]
- Be careful when choosing services to help with book production, design and marketing. [Click here for more help on choosing a self-publishing service.]
- Pros and cons of exclusivity with Amazon
- Rejuvenating sales on older books
You can find Mark Dawson at SelfPublishingFormula.com and on Twitter @SelfPubForm