How can you reach more readers worldwide and sell more books on Kobo? What are the advantages to publishing direct with Kobo Writing Life? Tara Cremin gives her tips in today's show.
In the intro, the launch of HelloBooks.com; Twitter Spaces for audio-only social [The Verge]; Blockchain, smart contracts, and NFTs; Mapwalker Trilogy available now; Plus, a challenge for you: What book are you scared of writing? What is the book you would regret not writing? When will you write it? (If not now, then when?)
Today's show is sponsored by my new book, How To Make a Living With Your Writing: Turn Your Words Into Multiple Streams of Income. This is the rewritten Third Edition with lots more ideas, information and inspiration on making money with books and other ways to make a living with your words. Available now in ebook, paperback, Large Print, Hardback, and Companion Workbook editions on your favorite store or request from your library.
Tara Cremin is the Senior Manager for Author Experience at Rakuten Kobo heading up the Kobo Writing Life team.
You can listen above or on your favorite podcast app or read the notes and links below. Here are the highlights and full transcript below.
- Kobo's core principles and partnerships that enable you to reach readers worldwide
- The long-term view on the shift to digital reading, accelerated by the pandemic
- On Kobo’s (non-exclusive) subscription service, Kobo Plus
- The advantages of publishing directly with Kobo Writing Life
- Pricing tips for international sales
- Book marketing tips for Kobo