Audiobooks are the fastest-growing segment in publishing with double-digit growth in markets across the world. Podcasting has gone mainstream with listeners consuming audio on mobile phones and in-car devices, as well as through devices like Amazon Alexa.
With this rapid growth in audio creation, sales, and marketing, how can authors position themselves in an increasingly voice-first world?
I've been podcasting for over a decade as well as narrating and producing my own audiobooks since 2014. I'm an avid consumer of audio content and I'm also experimenting with AI voice technologies. In this book, I'll share everything I know so you can position your books and your author brand for the next shift in reader behavior.
You will discover:
- Why audio and why now?
- The audio first eco-system
- Audio creativity — it all starts and ends with words
Part 1: Audiobooks
- Types of audiobooks
- Writing, editing and adapting your work for audio
- Intellectual property considerations for audiobooks
- Your options for audiobook publishing and licensing
- How to find and work with professional narrators
- Reasons to narrate your own audiobook
- Audiobook narration tips
- Recording studio options
- Audiobook recording, editing, and production
- How to self-publish an audiobook
- How long does an audiobook take to produce?
- How do audiobook readers discover audiobooks?
- How to market audiobooks
- The money side of audiobooks
Part 2: Podcasting
- The difference between audiobooks and podcasting
- Types of podcasts
- Why podcasting is so important for authors
- How to research and pitch podcast hosts
- How to be a great podcast guest
- Should you start your own podcast?
- Audio equipment and tools
- Podcast prerequisites
- Podcast structure
- How to be a great podcast host
- Podcast distribution options
- How to launch and market a podcast
- Repurpose your content
- The money side of podcasting
Part 3: Voice Technologies
- The impact of voice search and voice assistants, smart speakers and devices
- Speech to text
- Text to speech
- AI and the future of voice
If you want to position your books and your author brand for audio growth, then pre-order the book now!