OLD POST ALERT! This is an older post and although you might find some useful tips, any technical or publishing information is likely to be out of date. Please click on Start Here on the menu bar above to find links to my most useful articles, videos and podcast. Thanks and happy writing! – Joanna Penn
I am writing this blog as a passionate lover of books, and as a recent author. I love books, and browse bookshops for hours, I buy online several times a week and read obsessively whenever I can. I am not anti the physical book at all.
- Massive layoffs in the publishing industry
- Agreement that Google can publish copyrighted books online and sales can be done through Google Books
- The first Espresso Book Machine has started print-on-demand at Angus and Robertson here in Australia
- The CEO of Harper Collins says it is “time to embrace change”
- The Kindle is one of Oprah's favourite things
- Sales of e-books are on the rise
- Harper Collins's Authonomy uses social networking to bring the best books to the top of this digital slush pile
These are all positive signs for authors and readers of all kinds. The future is now, and having your book out there is accessible to all!