Translators, would you like to work with me in a joint venture partnership?
[Due to the number of submissions, I am completing the work in progress before signing with any new translators. I also want to be able to show statistics about sales figures in various markets. I will be opening up again for translations in Jan 2015. Thank you.]
As an indie author, I’m an entrepreneur as well as an artist. I’m passionate about exploiting all the rights I can from one manuscript, and of course, translations are a valuable part of that.
The move from physical bookstores to online shopping is starting to spread out from the US, and in 2014-2015 and onwards, we will see more countries moving into ebooks or buying print online.
What I am looking for
- Translators who want more than a one-off fee for their work, and are ready to be more entrepreneurial with their business. I offer 50:50% royalty split for translations, with the proviso that the translator will also help with marketing in their language and country.
- Translators who understand that self-publishing is now maturing in the US and UK, and is starting to spread into other territories, along with ebooks and online print book purchasing, which means independent authors will start to see more sales in these places over 2014-15 and onwards. The income is likely to start off small, but as these other markets mature, sales will increase.
How I work with translators
- You contact me here with details of what you might like to work on, why you’re interested and a bit about your experience
- If we connect well by email, we have a skype call to discuss the contract terms, timings and how we will work together.
- You work on the translation over the agreed period, and work with your editors/proof-readers/beta readers to deliver the final manuscript, so you are responsible for the quality of the content
- I am responsible for the production costs of the ebook and the print book and will self-publish the book on Amazon, Kobo and any country specific sites
- When the royalties come in, they are split 50:50 and I pay you through Paypal/bank transfer along with providing sales reports
- I provide a template marketing plan and we work through that together, based on your knowledge of language and my knowledge of marketing. You are expected to do the marketing in your own language, but I will help with template emails, teaching you what to do etc.
- Pentecost, ARKANE Book 1 – German, Spanish and Italian are already being worked on, for publication in 2014. Other languages available.
- Other ARKANE books, Prophecy, Exodus, One Day In Budapest and Day of the Vikings – the translators for each language above have first rights over these. All other languages available.
- Desecration – German and Italian are already being worked on, for publication in 2014. Spanish will be published in 2015. Other languages available.
- A Thousand Fiendish Angels, short story series – being worked on in Spanish and Italian
Non-fiction: All languages available.
- Career Change
- How to market a book
- Public speaking for authors, creatives and other introverts
If you’re interested, please contact me here to start a conversation about possibilities.