Co-writing can be an amazing experience when two minds come together to create something new in the world. Or it can be a painful process that ends in disaster!
In this short book, bestselling authors J. Thorn and Joanna Penn share tips on how to successfully co-write a book and avoid the pitfalls along the way. It includes excerpts from their private co-writing diary, honest notes written every day on a fiction project that will help you on your own journey.
In this book, you will discover:
- What is co-writing?
- Benefits of co-writing
- The difficulties of co-writing
- Finding the right person to co-write with
- Before you start: written legal agreement
- Practicalities and process of co-writing and co-creation
- Excerpts from Risen Gods co-writing diary
- What happens if it goes wrong?
- Other types of collaboration and co-creation
- Tips for multi-author boxsets
- Tips for managing a multi-author collaboration
- Appendix 1: Example agreement
If you want to improve your writing skills and your productivity, co-writing might be the right thing for you.
Purchase now in ebook format!
“This book is a fairly quick read, but it covers the full spectrum of issues authors might expect to encounter – sort of a nuts-and-bolts of co-writing. I really appreciated this candid, behind-the-scenes look at their co-writing venture. For me, just the overview of the different approaches to co-writing (in the Practicalities and Process chapter) plus the example agreement (included as an appendix) are worth the price of the book. I wasn’t expecting to see information on creating box sets, but since this is also something I’m interested in, it felt like a bonus!” – Valerie
“Good tips, very easy to read and short enough to read in one sitting.” – Clare