If you hate your job, but you don’t know what to do with your life, you’re not alone!
But life’s too short to continue feeling this way. It’s time to change your life.
I spent 13 years as an IT business consultant and tried many other things along the way. In the depths of misery, I wrote the first incarnation of this book in 2008. I was desperate to understand what was wrong. I wanted to love my work or find something more fulfilling, but I didn’t know how to start.
So I wanted to rewrite and re-release this book with updated material in order to share some of what I have learned along the way.
This book is written honestly, from my heart.
I was desperately unhappy in my job and I know many of you are too. I share a lot of my personal story with you in this book, so I hope it helps.
There’s also a free workbook downloadable below so you can print and write your answers to the questions posed in the book.
Buy the book in ebook and print formats
Buy direct from the author
Here’s the free 81 page workbook. It’s Creative Commons so please do share. => CareerChangeWorkbook.PDF
Table of Contents
Part 1: I hate my job
1) Identifying the problem
2) The results of an unhappy workplace- stress, depression and weight gain
Part 2: How to improve your current situation
3) Develop yourself
4) Coping with stress at work
5) Being valued and appreciated
6) Escaping the trap
7) Making money … and keeping hold of it
8) Being creative
9) Escape is sometimes necessary
Part 3: How to change your career
10) What do you really want to do?
11) Entrepreneurship or working for yourself
12) The Career Change Process
13) Setting and achieving your goals
14) Your Challenge … Your Future
* Case Study Micro-Entrepreneur: How I run my business, The Creative Penn Limited
* Interview with Joanna Penn on how to change careers
* From affirmation to reality: the author’s story
* The Smart Person’s Guide to Quitting the Day Job
** Packed with strategies, tips and personal stories that will help you find the work you love. **