Audiobooks are a huge growth market and indie authors can now produce and sell them ourselves.
It’s a very exciting time but there are lots of options and decisions to be made.
In these articles and interviews, I share my own experiences as well as interviewing narrators and producers:
- Audiobook tips for distribution and marketing ideas with ACX
- Audiobook production and marketing tips with Jeffrey Kafer
- How to use audio and podcasting effectively to promote your book with Viv Oyolu
- How to read your own audiobook and sell direct to customers – without ACX
- How to record your own audiobooks and use ACX for distribution
- Going further with audiobooks: An interview with audio rights expert J Daniel Sawyer
- Audiobook narration and working with narrators with Veronica Giguere
- How audiobook narration and production works with Rosalind Ashford
- How to record, produce and distribute audiobooks with J Daniel Sawyer
- Audiobooks for indies by Simon Whistler
- Making Tracks: A Writer’s Guide to Audiobooks by J Daniel Sawyer
- Narration: A beginner’s guide to creating audiobooks for Audible and iTunes by Krystal Wascher
- Audiobook Narrator: The art of recording audiobooks by Barbara Rosenblatt
Alternatives to ACX
I haven’t used any of these so this is just a starter list for you to check out for your own projects. Please do your due diligence if you use any of these services.