It's that time of year! A few days ago, I reflected on how I did with last year's goals. Here is the list for 2011 that I will review in six months and then another years time. I invite you to add your goals in the comments section and return here next year to see how you went. Let's keep each other accountable!
- Launch my thriller, Pentecost on Feb 7th. Get to #1 on the Amazon fiction charts for the Mystery & Thriller category. Big goals are worth aiming for! More information about the launch and competition coming soon.
- Go to New York in July for ThrillerFest and pitch Pentecost to an agent/publisher. I am a happy indie but some days I think I'd still like a book deal in order to reach a bigger audience. I will be marketing the hell out of the book so I hope to go along with some sales success. It will be worth going regardless so I can network in my genre and also see NYC!
- Finish the sequel, Prophecy by Christmas 2011. It's a series so I want to get one out every year.
- Launch a new blog for lovers of the Mystery & Thriller genres. I don't review books much on this blog and my audience is wider than the genres I enjoy to read so I wanted to have somewhere to start book reviews. More on this to come.
- Enjoy 1 unplugged day a month. That means no internet. Aaaarghh! This will allow more time for creative, unstructured thinking. This article sparked the resolution.
- Learn more about language, grammar and the craft of words. The specific goal is to fill a new Moleskine notebook with words, phrases, images and notes from books on craft to refer back to when I write. I need to hone my writing skills so the next novel is not so painful at copy editing stage.
- Continue to expand The Creative Penn, blogging, tweeting, using Facebook, podcasting, speaking every few month and making videos. This will be a constant during the year as well as the day job. This is more a commitment than a resolution but it certainly takes the bulk of my available time.
Yes, I do too much! But contentment is boring and unchallenging. I crave achievement!
What are your goals for 2011?